Sunday, November 8, 2009

Welcome to the World. Welcome to Hartford.


Tomorrow I begin my transition into adulthood and into a resident and employee of downtown Hartford. Not yet a graduate of the University of Hartford, I'll begin my professional career at Hartford Stage as an executive assistant to the Managing Director. I'm proud to consider myself among the fortunate few in the present economy to be employed right out of school (well actually I'm still in school until December 2009, but that's beside the point), and am even more honored to be working in my industry of choice with an organization and staff I respect highly. Tomorrow is day one and I'm ready to tackle the task head on....until 4:30 when I have to head to class.

If you asked me a few months ago whether I would be staying in Hartford after graduation from The Hartt School, I would have likely said there was a slim chance. After 4 years as a student in the suburbs of "New England's Rising Star," (one of Hartford's favorite taglines/euphemisms) I've decided to make a move downtown with the new job. As of December 1st I'll be living across from Bushnell Park, in the heart of downtown Hartford, a .3 mile (5 minute) walk from my office on Pratt Street. It's a small city, but it's my city and I'm ready to embrace and enhance all that Hartford has to offer. Suggestions welcome!

...One thing the college life doesn't prepare you for is the 9-5. I have to learn to get to bed early.

Oh! That's me and my dad at Hartford Stage during one of my internships with the company. I owe my parents so much thanks as they stop paying my room and board and release me into adulthood....slowly but surely.

1 comment:

val said...

so fah3 proudofksu!!!!!!! cant wa^ to reada2ksur 0o0ts in heyuh!!